Gurdwara killing: Meet ‘hero kids’ who saved lives
Washington: Two kids were among the bravest people at the Sikh temple near Milwaukee, who helped save many lives during the shooting.
Amanat Singh, 9, and her brother, Abhay Singh, 11, were playing outside the Gurdwara when they heard gunshots that sounded like fireworks.
“We saw a guy,” ABC News quoted Amanat as saying, adding: “He got out of a cab and he fast-walked and hit two people who were getting into their car.”
According to the report, the children did not hesitate and ran into the temple to sound an alarm.
“As soon as we got in the kitchen, I started yelling,” Abhay said, adding: “I’m like: There’s a guy with a gun! Hide! Hide!”
Amanat said she feared “that he’s going to kill everyone”.
The siblings were able to warn more than a dozen people to run and hide. Amanat and Abhay are happy they were able to do that.
Amanat even said she feels like a hero, the report added. “I feel proud because I saved lots of lives,” she said. Even so, she and her brother wish they could have done more, the report said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory