Gurdwara killing: US cop ‘making amazing recovery’
Washington: The brave Brooklyn-born cop, who was shot nine times during the Wisconsin temple massacre, is making an amazing recovery.
According to the New York Daily News, Lt Brian Murphy is not just talking, but has also started walking.
Word of Murphy’s stunning progress came after the FBI revealed that the ‘neo-Nazi’, who wounded the hero cop after shooting six Sikhs at the shrine, had actually killed himself after being injured by cops.
Murphy said his first word on Tuesday and started walking on Wednesday, despite having a bullet still stuck in his neck. “He is doing just amazingly well and hopes to one day be back on the beat”, a fellow Oak Creek, Wisconsin, police officer, who visited him at the hospital in Milwaukee, said.
Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards said that Murphy’s remarkable recovery was “really good news”. “Yesterday he was up walking,” he said. “Fantastic news.”
Though badly injured, the death-defying cop ordered officers to ignore him and instead race inside the sanctuary to save the Sikhs trapped inside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what