Gurdwara shooting: A tragic day, says US lawmaker
Washington: Condemning the shooting at a Gurdwara in Wisconsin as a "senseless" act of terrorism, the US lawmakers have termed it as a "tragic" day.
"This is a tragic day for our city and for all communities of faith who share grief and concern for the victims of today`s shooting and their loved ones," Wisconsin Senator, Herb Kohl said in a statement.
"We also share a deep gratitude to our law enforcement officers. Our prayers are with Milwaukee`s entire Sikh community and we wish them comfort and peace," the Senator said.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families of yet another senseless act of violence in America," Senator Ron Johnson said.
Johnson said that he have full confidence in the legal authorities that will be investigating this heinous crime.
Offering his heartfelt condolences to the families and community of those injured and killed in yesterday`s tragic shooting, Congressman Joe Crowley in a statement said he joins the people of Wisconsin and the entire Sikh-American community in mourning.
"There is no room in any society for such violence," he said.
"While we do not yet know the motivations of this senseless act and it`s important to wait for more information from law enforcement, we do know that Sikh-Americans are too often the victims of intolerance and hate. Today we all grieve for those lost in this tragic event," Crowley said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble