Gurdwara shooting: A tragic day, says US lawmaker
Washington: Condemning the shooting at a Gurdwara in Wisconsin as a "senseless" act of terrorism, the US lawmakers have termed it as a "tragic" day.
"This is a tragic day for our city and for all communities of faith who share grief and concern for the victims of today`s shooting and their loved ones," Wisconsin Senator, Herb Kohl said in a statement.
"We also share a deep gratitude to our law enforcement officers. Our prayers are with Milwaukee`s entire Sikh community and we wish them comfort and peace," the Senator said.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families of yet another senseless act of violence in America," Senator Ron Johnson said.
Johnson said that he have full confidence in the legal authorities that will be investigating this heinous crime.
Offering his heartfelt condolences to the families and community of those injured and killed in yesterday`s tragic shooting, Congressman Joe Crowley in a statement said he joins the people of Wisconsin and the entire Sikh-American community in mourning.
"There is no room in any society for such violence," he said.
"While we do not yet know the motivations of this senseless act and it`s important to wait for more information from law enforcement, we do know that Sikh-Americans are too often the victims of intolerance and hate. Today we all grieve for those lost in this tragic event," Crowley said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH