Gurdwara shooting: Bullet hole not be repaired as tragedy reminder
Oak Creek (Wisconsin): A lone bullet hole in a metal door frame at the Gurdwara, where six Sikhs were gunned down by a neo-Nazi man, will remain there as a poignant reminder of the tragedy.
Wade Michael Page, 40, ex-Army veteran went on a shooting spree killing six Sikhs on Sunday at the Gurdwara here, before dying of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Over 100 members of the Gurdwara swept, scrubbed and painted over damage to their building yesterday after investigators allowed them back inside.
A lone bullet hole remained in a metal door frame, which members say won`t be repaired.
The doorway leads to the main prayer area, where the only female victim -- 41-year-old Paramjit Kaur -- was killed.
Members said that the bullet hole will remain there as a reminder of the tragedy.
Several members wept as they walked in, while others embraced, the CNN reported.
Kanwardeep Singh Kaleka, whose uncle Satwant Singh was one of the six persons killed by Page "It takes a toll on you, thinking about the lives that were lost, when you realise our temple will never be the same again."
Kanwardeep Singh said it was hard coming back to the Gurdwara -- but members returned as soon as police allowed them, "so we can start off here tomorrow for those six people and really for the future of the world community."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!