Gurdwara shooting: FBI rules out involvement of second person
Washington: Hours after releasing photo of "a person of interest" in the Wisconsin Gurudwara shooting incident, the FBI has ruled out involvement of the second suspect saying the shooting was carried out by the lone gunman Wade Michael Page.
The second person was interviewed by the FBI before being cleared by it.
"The unidentified subject has been located interviewed and does not appear to be connected with the yesterday`s shooting incident at Oak Creek," a FBI spokesman told PTI yesterday.
Even as the investigation is ongoing, the FBI said the shooting was carried out by the lone gunman identified as Wade Michael Page, who was later shot dead by an Oak Creek police officer.
Earlier yesterday at a news conference, the FBI said they were trying to identify a suspicious man who arrived at the scene after the shooting and released a photograph of him, asking for the public`s help.
The investigation is still being treated as a possible case of domestic terrorism, the local police said.
On August 5, six persons were killed and three critically injured when a gunman opened fire inside a Gurudwara in Wisconsin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj