Gurdwara shooting: FBI rules out involvement of second person
Washington: Hours after releasing photo of "a person of interest" in the Wisconsin Gurudwara shooting incident, the FBI has ruled out involvement of the second suspect saying the shooting was carried out by the lone gunman Wade Michael Page.
The second person was interviewed by the FBI before being cleared by it.
"The unidentified subject has been located interviewed and does not appear to be connected with the yesterday`s shooting incident at Oak Creek," a FBI spokesman told PTI yesterday.
Even as the investigation is ongoing, the FBI said the shooting was carried out by the lone gunman identified as Wade Michael Page, who was later shot dead by an Oak Creek police officer.
Earlier yesterday at a news conference, the FBI said they were trying to identify a suspicious man who arrived at the scene after the shooting and released a photograph of him, asking for the public`s help.
The investigation is still being treated as a possible case of domestic terrorism, the local police said.
On August 5, six persons were killed and three critically injured when a gunman opened fire inside a Gurudwara in Wisconsin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Assam floods: CM Sarbananda Sonowal sends ministers to districts
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- Sensex adds to gains for 2nd day, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: NADA hearing concludes, judgement either on Saturday or Monday