Gurdwara shooting: Murphy released from hospital
Washington: The police officer who was injured during the Gurdwara shootout early this month has been discharged from the hospital, while one Sikh worshipper remains critically ill even three weeks after the attack.
Lt Brian Murphy was released from the hospital on Wednesday on the eve of the Oak Creek visit of US First Lady Michelle Obama.
"Lt Brian Murphy has been released from the hospital. He asks that members of the media respect his request for privacy as he continues to heal from his injuries," the hospital said in a statement.
It said one wounded worshipper, Punjab Singh, remains hospitalised in critical condition.
Murphy was shot multiple times when he tried to save the lives of Sikh worshippers when a lone white supremacist gunman, identified as Wade Michael Page, went on a rampage killing six people in Gurdwara on August 05.
Page later succumbed to self-inflicted injuries, the police said, which is yet to determine the cause of the shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata