Gurdwara shooting: Radio dispatches disclose the details
Washington: Police radio dispatches show the tension that build up when a man opened fire, killing six people at a gurdwara in a Milwaukee suburb. The gunman was shot dead.
The shooting took place at the gurdwara in Oak Creek and the radio traffic was captured at a website called Radio Reference, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.
The first report that came in at 10:27 a.m. was of "an altercation".
The dispatcher said: "There is a lot of noise and I am unable to get much info."
Barely a minute later, the dispatcher added: "A bald man with glasses may have shot someone. I am going to dispatch fire department."
Three minutes after the initial dispatch, an officer said: "Give me an ambulance."
A few minutes later, an officer said there was a man with a gun in a white T-shirt with gunshots being heard in the background.
As an officer told the dispatcher they need mutual aid, a female officer followed up, saying she is approaching the subject who is not moving.
"Subject down! Subject down! We have one officer shot," screamed another officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH