Gurdwara shooting: Radio dispatches disclose the details
Washington: Police radio dispatches show the tension that build up when a man opened fire, killing six people at a gurdwara in a Milwaukee suburb. The gunman was shot dead.
The shooting took place at the gurdwara in Oak Creek and the radio traffic was captured at a website called Radio Reference, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.
The first report that came in at 10:27 a.m. was of "an altercation".
The dispatcher said: "There is a lot of noise and I am unable to get much info."
Barely a minute later, the dispatcher added: "A bald man with glasses may have shot someone. I am going to dispatch fire department."
Three minutes after the initial dispatch, an officer said: "Give me an ambulance."
A few minutes later, an officer said there was a man with a gun in a white T-shirt with gunshots being heard in the background.
As an officer told the dispatcher they need mutual aid, a female officer followed up, saying she is approaching the subject who is not moving.
"Subject down! Subject down! We have one officer shot," screamed another officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan