Gurdwara shooting: Siblings warned people of rampaging gunman
Oak Creek (Wisconsin): Two young siblings have emerged as unlikely heroes by saving many lives at their Gurdwara here after they warned people inside the shrine of a rampaging gunman.
Abhay Singh, 11, and his sister, Amanat, 9, were sitting outside the Gurdwara Sunday morning when the 40-year-old ex-Army man Wade Michael Page, first opened fire on two people.
"We ran as fast as we could inside to warn everybody in the kitchen and everybody else there is a man outside with a gun," Abhay was quoted by CNN as saying.
"We were a little bit scared," he added.
The children said they hid with others in a pantry after sounding the alarm.
Their mother, Kanwal Singh, and father had told them to stay inside while they went to a store to get supplies for a meal at the Gurdwara. But the children said the inside was hot.
The horrified parents could not immediately reach the children.
"We were worried and praying like hopefully we will see them again," Kanwal Singh said.
Sunday`s shooting at the Gurdwara killed six people and injured three, including a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says