Guyana elections commission chief fired
Georgetown (Guyana): The director of Guyana`s elections commission has been fired after officials accused him of trying to manipulate results to show that the ruling party had supposedly won a majority of seats in the 2011 general elections.
Authorities said a final corrected tally showed the two opposition parties gained a one-seat Parliament majority that still stands today.
Four elections commission members including the chairman voted late yesterday to fire director Gocool Boodhoo after agreeing that he had allegedly used the wrong formula on purpose.
Three other members who represent the ruling People`s Progressive Party voted in favour of Boodhoo.
Boodhoo has denied the charges and said it was an honest mistake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS