Guyana elections commission chief fired
Georgetown (Guyana): The director of Guyana`s elections commission has been fired after officials accused him of trying to manipulate results to show that the ruling party had supposedly won a majority of seats in the 2011 general elections.
Authorities said a final corrected tally showed the two opposition parties gained a one-seat Parliament majority that still stands today.
Four elections commission members including the chairman voted late yesterday to fire director Gocool Boodhoo after agreeing that he had allegedly used the wrong formula on purpose.
Three other members who represent the ruling People`s Progressive Party voted in favour of Boodhoo.
Boodhoo has denied the charges and said it was an honest mistake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB