Guyana gastroenteritis outbreak kills 3; many ill
Georgetown (Guyana): Guyana`s health ministry says three children have died and dozens of people are receiving treatment due to a gastroenteritis outbreak in the South American country.
Chief Medical Officer Shamdeo Persaud says medical teams are being rushed to a gold-mining community in a northwest region bordering Venezuela. He said today that laboratory tests show elevated levels of e. Coli bacteria and that several people have been hospitalised.
The ministry has distributed water treatment tablets and noted that rivers and creeks in the remote jungle community are polluted with sewage blamed on an increased number of miners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet