Guyana gastroenteritis outbreak kills 3; many ill
Georgetown (Guyana): Guyana`s health ministry says three children have died and dozens of people are receiving treatment due to a gastroenteritis outbreak in the South American country.
Chief Medical Officer Shamdeo Persaud says medical teams are being rushed to a gold-mining community in a northwest region bordering Venezuela. He said today that laboratory tests show elevated levels of e. Coli bacteria and that several people have been hospitalised.
The ministry has distributed water treatment tablets and noted that rivers and creeks in the remote jungle community are polluted with sewage blamed on an increased number of miners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad