Guyana gastroenteritis outbreak kills 3; many ill
Georgetown (Guyana): Guyana`s health ministry says three children have died and dozens of people are receiving treatment due to a gastroenteritis outbreak in the South American country.
Chief Medical Officer Shamdeo Persaud says medical teams are being rushed to a gold-mining community in a northwest region bordering Venezuela. He said today that laboratory tests show elevated levels of e. Coli bacteria and that several people have been hospitalised.
The ministry has distributed water treatment tablets and noted that rivers and creeks in the remote jungle community are polluted with sewage blamed on an increased number of miners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'