Guyana gastroenteritis outbreak kills 3; many ill
Georgetown (Guyana): Guyana`s health ministry says three children have died and dozens of people are receiving treatment due to a gastroenteritis outbreak in the South American country.
Chief Medical Officer Shamdeo Persaud says medical teams are being rushed to a gold-mining community in a northwest region bordering Venezuela. He said today that laboratory tests show elevated levels of e. Coli bacteria and that several people have been hospitalised.
The ministry has distributed water treatment tablets and noted that rivers and creeks in the remote jungle community are polluted with sewage blamed on an increased number of miners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad