Guyana gastroenteritis outbreak kills 3; many ill
Georgetown (Guyana): Guyana`s health ministry says three children have died and dozens of people are receiving treatment due to a gastroenteritis outbreak in the South American country.
Chief Medical Officer Shamdeo Persaud says medical teams are being rushed to a gold-mining community in a northwest region bordering Venezuela. He said today that laboratory tests show elevated levels of e. Coli bacteria and that several people have been hospitalised.
The ministry has distributed water treatment tablets and noted that rivers and creeks in the remote jungle community are polluted with sewage blamed on an increased number of miners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur