Hacker breaks into 49 House sites, insults Obama
Washington: A hacker broke into 49 House Web sites of both political parties overnight to post a crude attack on President Barack Obama.
Spokesman Jeff Ventura in the chief administrative office said on Thursday the sites that were hit were managed by a third-party vendor. In contrast, most lawmakers` Web sites are managed by House technicians.
Ventura says the vendor was performing an update and for a brief moment let its guard down. That was long enough to allow the hacker to penetrate the sites.
The attacker used an obscenity in referring to the President, who gave his state of the union address from the House chamber on Wednesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad