Hacker breaks into 49 House sites, insults Obama
Washington: A hacker broke into 49 House Web sites of both political parties overnight to post a crude attack on President Barack Obama.
Spokesman Jeff Ventura in the chief administrative office said on Thursday the sites that were hit were managed by a third-party vendor. In contrast, most lawmakers` Web sites are managed by House technicians.
Ventura says the vendor was performing an update and for a brief moment let its guard down. That was long enough to allow the hacker to penetrate the sites.
The attacker used an obscenity in referring to the President, who gave his state of the union address from the House chamber on Wednesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 40 naxals surrender in Bastar
- Pakistan shocker: Minor girl raped, thrown off roof in Karachi
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today