Hailstones, thundershowers leave 12 dead in China
Beijing: At least 12 people died and 27 were injured as hailstones, thundershowers and gales hit south China`s Guangdong Province Sunday, Xinhua quoted the ministry of civil affairs as stating.
The natural disasters, which began to savage cities including Guangzhou, Foshan, Dongguan and Zhongshan since 12 a.m. Sunday, affected 506.7 hectares of farmland and caused about 50 million yuan ($7.65 million) in direct economic losses, the ministry said.
The provincial government of Guangdong has dispatched a work group to the disaster-affected areas to direct relief work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video