Hailstones, thundershowers leave 12 dead in China
Beijing: At least 12 people died and 27 were injured as hailstones, thundershowers and gales hit south China`s Guangdong Province Sunday, Xinhua quoted the ministry of civil affairs as stating.
The natural disasters, which began to savage cities including Guangzhou, Foshan, Dongguan and Zhongshan since 12 a.m. Sunday, affected 506.7 hectares of farmland and caused about 50 million yuan ($7.65 million) in direct economic losses, the ministry said.
The provincial government of Guangdong has dispatched a work group to the disaster-affected areas to direct relief work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open
- Opal-studded meteorite points towards evolution of water on Earth!
- 'Rock On 2': Arjun Rampal clears air about spat with Purab Kohli, says it's 'fake news'!
- Despite ban, 15 alcohol factories still active in Bihar?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!