Hailstones, thundershowers leave 12 dead in China
Beijing: At least 12 people died and 27 were injured as hailstones, thundershowers and gales hit south China`s Guangdong Province Sunday, Xinhua quoted the ministry of civil affairs as stating.
The natural disasters, which began to savage cities including Guangzhou, Foshan, Dongguan and Zhongshan since 12 a.m. Sunday, affected 506.7 hectares of farmland and caused about 50 million yuan ($7.65 million) in direct economic losses, the ministry said.
The provincial government of Guangdong has dispatched a work group to the disaster-affected areas to direct relief work.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'