Haley not to run for Senate in 2014
Washington: Indian American South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley will not be a candidate for a US Senate seat in 2014, her spokesman said.
"The Governor will not run for Senate in 2014," spokesman Rob Godfrey said.
"She loves the job she has," he added.
Meanwhile Haley said she would not appoint herself to the Senate seat which is being vacated by fellow Republican Jim DeMint to run a Washington-based think tank.
"I want to make two things clear from the outset. Number one, I will not take the appointment myself," Haley said in a statement on the Facebook quelling all such rumors in this regard.
"I will appoint a person who has the same philosophy of government that Jim DeMint and I share," she said, a day after DeMint announced that he will resign from the Senate seat to become the head of the Heritage Foundation.
Haley`s nominee to replace current Senator would be occupying the seat till 2014, when a special election will be held in conjunction with the general Congressional elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal