Haley not to run for Senate in 2014
Washington: Indian American South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley will not be a candidate for a US Senate seat in 2014, her spokesman said.
"The Governor will not run for Senate in 2014," spokesman Rob Godfrey said.
"She loves the job she has," he added.
Meanwhile Haley said she would not appoint herself to the Senate seat which is being vacated by fellow Republican Jim DeMint to run a Washington-based think tank.
"I want to make two things clear from the outset. Number one, I will not take the appointment myself," Haley said in a statement on the Facebook quelling all such rumors in this regard.
"I will appoint a person who has the same philosophy of government that Jim DeMint and I share," she said, a day after DeMint announced that he will resign from the Senate seat to become the head of the Heritage Foundation.
Haley`s nominee to replace current Senator would be occupying the seat till 2014, when a special election will be held in conjunction with the general Congressional elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics