Half-brother of UK MP charged with 1970s child sex abuse
London: The half-brother of a senior lawmaker in UK Prime Minister David Cameron`s Conservative party was charged today over allegations of historic sex abuse of a child, police said.
Charles Napier, 67, the half-brother of MP John Whittingdale, was charged along with another man over alleged offences committed against an 11-year-old victim in the late 1970s.
Napier, from Dorset in southwest England, has been charged with one count of inciting a child to commit an act of gross indecency and will appear in court in London on July 29.
With him in court will be Richard Alston, 69, from Suffolk in eastern England, who was charged with five counts of indecent assault and three counts of gross indecency with a child.
The two men were charged under a police investigation that opened in 2012, one of several into historical sexual abuse of children.
The issue has risen to prominence in Britain following revelations that late BBC presenter Jimmy Saville was a serial sex offender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog