Hamas court sentences Palestinian to death
Gaza: A Hamas military court has handed down the death sentence to a Palestinian convict in the Gaza Strip for collaborating with Israel, a media report said.
The sentence came just days after Hamas authorities in Gaza launched a campaign to fight collaboration, urging spies to turn themselves in for amnesty, Xinhua reported.
A source said the sentenced collaborator had not turned himself in during a similar campaign launched in 2010.
Since taking over Gaza in 2007, Hamas, a rival to Fatah which controls the West Bank, has executed 14 people, most of them collaborators, the report said.
In November 2012, Hamas executed seven Palestinians in public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?