Hamas court sentences Palestinian to death
Gaza: A Hamas military court has handed down the death sentence to a Palestinian convict in the Gaza Strip for collaborating with Israel, a media report said.
The sentence came just days after Hamas authorities in Gaza launched a campaign to fight collaboration, urging spies to turn themselves in for amnesty, Xinhua reported.
A source said the sentenced collaborator had not turned himself in during a similar campaign launched in 2010.
Since taking over Gaza in 2007, Hamas, a rival to Fatah which controls the West Bank, has executed 14 people, most of them collaborators, the report said.
In November 2012, Hamas executed seven Palestinians in public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon