Hamas court sentences Palestinian to death
Gaza: A Hamas military court has handed down the death sentence to a Palestinian convict in the Gaza Strip for collaborating with Israel, a media report said.
The sentence came just days after Hamas authorities in Gaza launched a campaign to fight collaboration, urging spies to turn themselves in for amnesty, Xinhua reported.
A source said the sentenced collaborator had not turned himself in during a similar campaign launched in 2010.
Since taking over Gaza in 2007, Hamas, a rival to Fatah which controls the West Bank, has executed 14 people, most of them collaborators, the report said.
In November 2012, Hamas executed seven Palestinians in public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations