Hamas court sentences Palestinian to death
Gaza: A Hamas military court has handed down the death sentence to a Palestinian convict in the Gaza Strip for collaborating with Israel, a media report said.
The sentence came just days after Hamas authorities in Gaza launched a campaign to fight collaboration, urging spies to turn themselves in for amnesty, Xinhua reported.
A source said the sentenced collaborator had not turned himself in during a similar campaign launched in 2010.
Since taking over Gaza in 2007, Hamas, a rival to Fatah which controls the West Bank, has executed 14 people, most of them collaborators, the report said.
In November 2012, Hamas executed seven Palestinians in public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!