Hamas court sentences Palestinian to death
Gaza: A Hamas military court has handed down the death sentence to a Palestinian convict in the Gaza Strip for collaborating with Israel, a media report said.
The sentence came just days after Hamas authorities in Gaza launched a campaign to fight collaboration, urging spies to turn themselves in for amnesty, Xinhua reported.
A source said the sentenced collaborator had not turned himself in during a similar campaign launched in 2010.
Since taking over Gaza in 2007, Hamas, a rival to Fatah which controls the West Bank, has executed 14 people, most of them collaborators, the report said.
In November 2012, Hamas executed seven Palestinians in public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know