Hamas denies Mossad infiltration following Dubai murder
Damascus: The Palestinian Hamas movement denied on Sunday that it had been infiltrated by Israel`s Mossad spy agency, following allegations of Palestinian collusion in
the murder of a top militant in Dubai.
"The fact that Mahmud al-Mabhuh was followed by agents of the Mossad does not mean that the movement (Hamas) is infiltrated," a statement said.
Dubai police chief Dhahi Khalfan has called on Hamas to conduct an internal investigation "about the person who leaked information on Mabhuh`s movements" and arrival in Dubai to his killers, a daily reported today.
The source of the leak was the "real killer," Khalfan was quoted as saying.
Two Palestinians have been arrested in Jordan and extradited to Dubai, where they are being held in connection with the murder, according to Khalfan.
A Palestinian Authority security official in the West Bank said a senior Hamas member, Nehru Massud, was also suspected of involvement in the killing.
Massud has denied he had a role in Mabhuh`s death.
Hamas has blamed the killing entirely on Israel and vowed revenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi