Hamas denies Mossad infiltration following Dubai murder
Damascus: The Palestinian Hamas movement denied on Sunday that it had been infiltrated by Israel`s Mossad spy agency, following allegations of Palestinian collusion in
the murder of a top militant in Dubai.
"The fact that Mahmud al-Mabhuh was followed by agents of the Mossad does not mean that the movement (Hamas) is infiltrated," a statement said.
Dubai police chief Dhahi Khalfan has called on Hamas to conduct an internal investigation "about the person who leaked information on Mabhuh`s movements" and arrival in Dubai to his killers, a daily reported today.
The source of the leak was the "real killer," Khalfan was quoted as saying.
Two Palestinians have been arrested in Jordan and extradited to Dubai, where they are being held in connection with the murder, according to Khalfan.
A Palestinian Authority security official in the West Bank said a senior Hamas member, Nehru Massud, was also suspected of involvement in the killing.
Massud has denied he had a role in Mabhuh`s death.
Hamas has blamed the killing entirely on Israel and vowed revenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands