Hamas deploys forces to prevent rocket fire on Israel
Gaza: Hamas have deployed security forces on Gaza`s borders with Israel to deter rocket fire from the Palestinian enclave, authorities said here on Tuesday.
"We will not allow anyone to break the truce. This force is meant to protect our internal bloc," Xinhua quoted spokesperson of the interior ministry of the Hamas authority in the Gaza Strip as saying.
Israeli media outlets recently reported that Hamas had withdrawn the field force tasked with preventing rocket fire at Israel to protest the latest escalation and Israeli attacks on Gaza.
Despite Hamas` steps to rein in rocket fire from Gaza, a projectile exploded Tuesday morning at a neighbouring Israeli town.
Meanwhile, Israeli army`s spokesman Avichay Adraee has said Israel holds Hamas responsible for all hostile actions emanating from Gaza. "The army will respond strongly to any rockets coming from Gaza. We will not let this continue."
The recent weeks have witnessed a military escalation between Gaza militants and Israel, raising doubts of a possible collapse of a ceasefire deal between Hamas and Israel brokered by Egypt in 2012.
The truce agreement ended a week of tit-for-tat violence that killed 184 Palestinians and six Israelis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend