Hamas executes 6 ‘Israeli-collaborators’ in Gaza
Washington: Masked gunmen belonging to the Palestinian militant group Hamas publicly shot dead six suspected collaborators with Israel at a large Gaza City intersection, according to a report.
Witnesses said that while some in the crowd stomped and spit on the bodies, a sixth corpse was tied to a motorcycle and dragged through the streets as people screamed, "Spy! Spy!"
The Hamas military wing, Izzedine al-Qassam, has claimed responsibility in a large handwritten note attached to a nearby electricity pole. Hamas said the six were killed because they gave Israel information about fighters and rocket launching sites, Fox News reports.
Witnesses said a van stopped at the intersection, where four masked men pushed the six suspected informers out of the vehicle. Salim Mahmoud, 18, said the gunmen ordered the six to lie face down in the street and then shot them dead, according to the report.
They said only a few people were in the street at first -- most Gazans have been staying indoors because of the Israeli airstrikes, but the crowd quickly grew after the killings, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad