Hamas executes 6 ‘Israeli-collaborators’ in Gaza
Washington: Masked gunmen belonging to the Palestinian militant group Hamas publicly shot dead six suspected collaborators with Israel at a large Gaza City intersection, according to a report.
Witnesses said that while some in the crowd stomped and spit on the bodies, a sixth corpse was tied to a motorcycle and dragged through the streets as people screamed, "Spy! Spy!"
The Hamas military wing, Izzedine al-Qassam, has claimed responsibility in a large handwritten note attached to a nearby electricity pole. Hamas said the six were killed because they gave Israel information about fighters and rocket launching sites, Fox News reports.
Witnesses said a van stopped at the intersection, where four masked men pushed the six suspected informers out of the vehicle. Salim Mahmoud, 18, said the gunmen ordered the six to lie face down in the street and then shot them dead, according to the report.
They said only a few people were in the street at first -- most Gazans have been staying indoors because of the Israeli airstrikes, but the crowd quickly grew after the killings, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH