Hamas Gaza chief calls for new violent uprising
Gaza City: Gaza`s Hamas chief is calling for a renewed violent uprising against Israel. Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh called today on all Palestinian factions to oppose the recently restarted peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians and take up "armed resistance."
Israel is negotiating with the West Bank government of President Mahmoud Abbas. The Islamic militant group Hamas, which rules the Gaza Strip, does not recognise Israel and calls for its destruction.
It was responsible for scores of suicide bombings and other attacks against Israel last decade.
Israel recently discovered a pair of tunnels from Gaza it says was aimed at carrying out attacks.
Haniyeh spoke on the second anniversary of a prisoner swap with Israel that freed more than a thousand Palestinians in exchange for captive Israeli soldier Gilad Schalit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey