Hamas leader drugged, suffocated: Dubai police
Dubai: A Hamas leader who was killed in his Dubai hotel room, allegedly by Mossad agents, was drugged and then suffocated to death, police said on Sunday.
"The killers used the drug succinylcholine to sedate (Mahmud) al-Mabhuh before they suffocated him," the statement quoted Major General Khamis Mattar al-Mazeina, deputy commander of Dubai police, as saying.
"The assassins used this method so that it would seem that his death was natural," the statement said, adding that "there were no signs of resistance shown by the victim."
Succinylcholine is used to induce muscle relaxation and is favoured by anaesthetists and emergency doctors because of its fast onset.
Mabhuh, one of the founders of Hamas` military wing, was found dead in his hotel room on January 20.
Israeli intelligence service Mossad has widely been accused of carrying out the Cold War-style hit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan