Hamas leader in Saudi Arabia: Report
Riyadh: Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal was in Saudi Arabia on Sunday to meet with officials in a possible bid to narrow the rift between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority, an official source said.
"He arrived today. The visit is aimed at helping Palestinian reconciliation," a senior Foreign Ministry official said.
Any visit by the Islamist group Hamas, which is backed by Iran, to Saudi Arabia, which backs the more secular party Fatah, may be viewed as a Saudi effort to extend an olive branch to Hamas.
President Mahmoud Abbas`s Palestinian Authority runs the Israeli-occupied West Bank while its Hamas opponents seized control of the Gaza Strip in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state