Hamas leader to attend NAM summit in Iran
Gaza: Prime Minister of the Hamas authority in Gaza, Ismail Haniyeh accepted Saturday an Iranian invitation to attend the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit, despite the protest by the Palestinian leadership, a spokesman for Haniyeh said.
Taher Al-Nouno, the spokesman, said in a short statement that Haniyeh has accepted Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad`s invitation to attend the summit next week.
Earlier this week, an official from President Mahmoud Abbas` Fatah party, Jebril al-Rjoub, told Xinhua that "The Palestinian leadership will not participate in the summit if Haniyeh was invited as a Palestinian official or as Prime Minister."
Iran is considered the main sponsor of Hamas, the Islamic movement that routed pro-Abbas forces and took over the Gaza Strip in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog