Hamas leader to attend NAM summit in Iran
Gaza: Prime Minister of the Hamas authority in Gaza, Ismail Haniyeh accepted Saturday an Iranian invitation to attend the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit, despite the protest by the Palestinian leadership, a spokesman for Haniyeh said.
Taher Al-Nouno, the spokesman, said in a short statement that Haniyeh has accepted Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad`s invitation to attend the summit next week.
Earlier this week, an official from President Mahmoud Abbas` Fatah party, Jebril al-Rjoub, told Xinhua that "The Palestinian leadership will not participate in the summit if Haniyeh was invited as a Palestinian official or as Prime Minister."
Iran is considered the main sponsor of Hamas, the Islamic movement that routed pro-Abbas forces and took over the Gaza Strip in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune