Hamas PM reshuffles cabinet
Gaza: Gaza`s Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh on Sunday reshuffled his cabinet, replacing seven ministers.
The new reshuffle included the ministers of agriculture, housing, finance, health, Islamic endowment, local government and justice.
No new ministers from other factions or independents are participating in the new cabinet. Only Hamas parliamentarian bloc granted the new formation the vote of confidence amid the absence of the other blocs.
"This shakeup is a routine procedure that is meant to improve the performance of the government," said Haniyeh before the vote session.
"The government has made many achievements on the ground despite the Israeli blockade imposed on Gaza," he added.
This is the third time that Haniyeh has reshuffled his cabinet since President Mahmoud Abbas ousted his unity government after Hamas` violent takeover of Gaza in 2007.
There is another Palestinian government in the West Bank that is led by Salam Fayyad.
Haniyeh also said that this reshuffle will not have negative effects on the national reconciliation whereas it will pave the way to the unity government when the reconciliation is achieved.
Meanwhile, Abbas` Fatah party has condemned the procedure, saying that the reshuffle will deepen the political split.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`