Hamas rejects Egypt`s accusation of aiding attackers
Gaza: Palestinian Hamas movement Thursday rejected the accusation by Egyptian Interior Minister Mohammed Ibrahim that it was involved in an attack that killed 16 people in Egypt last month.
"The Egyptian national security is highly appreciated and respected by us and we cannot harm it in any way," Xinhua quoted Salah al- Bardaweel, an official of Hamas, the Islamic movement in control of the Gaza Strip since 2007, as saying.
Earlier Thursday, Ibrahim told reporters that confessions from the son of a senior Muslim Brotherhood member showed that Hamas provided logistic support to attackers who blew a car bomb targeting a security headquarters in Mansoura city, north of Cairo, on Dec. 24.
Hamas is an offshoot of the pan-Arab, Egyptian-born Muslim Brotherhood, which Egyptian authorities declared as a terrorist group after the attack that killed 16 and wounded over 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok