Hamas rejects Egypt`s accusation of aiding attackers
Gaza: Palestinian Hamas movement Thursday rejected the accusation by Egyptian Interior Minister Mohammed Ibrahim that it was involved in an attack that killed 16 people in Egypt last month.
"The Egyptian national security is highly appreciated and respected by us and we cannot harm it in any way," Xinhua quoted Salah al- Bardaweel, an official of Hamas, the Islamic movement in control of the Gaza Strip since 2007, as saying.
Earlier Thursday, Ibrahim told reporters that confessions from the son of a senior Muslim Brotherhood member showed that Hamas provided logistic support to attackers who blew a car bomb targeting a security headquarters in Mansoura city, north of Cairo, on Dec. 24.
Hamas is an offshoot of the pan-Arab, Egyptian-born Muslim Brotherhood, which Egyptian authorities declared as a terrorist group after the attack that killed 16 and wounded over 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital