Hamas rejects Egypt`s accusation of aiding attackers
Gaza: Palestinian Hamas movement Thursday rejected the accusation by Egyptian Interior Minister Mohammed Ibrahim that it was involved in an attack that killed 16 people in Egypt last month.
"The Egyptian national security is highly appreciated and respected by us and we cannot harm it in any way," Xinhua quoted Salah al- Bardaweel, an official of Hamas, the Islamic movement in control of the Gaza Strip since 2007, as saying.
Earlier Thursday, Ibrahim told reporters that confessions from the son of a senior Muslim Brotherhood member showed that Hamas provided logistic support to attackers who blew a car bomb targeting a security headquarters in Mansoura city, north of Cairo, on Dec. 24.
Hamas is an offshoot of the pan-Arab, Egyptian-born Muslim Brotherhood, which Egyptian authorities declared as a terrorist group after the attack that killed 16 and wounded over 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested