Hand over power to people: UK to Gaddafi
London: Muammar Gaddafi should hand over
power to a Libyan government which recognises aspirations of
the masses, Britain has said, asking his regime to
"immediately stop" the use of armed forces on its civilian.
British Foreign Secretary William Hague said in a
statement, "Given the continued levels of illegitimate
violence within Libya we call upon Colonel Gaddafi to put an
immediate stop to the use of armed force against the Libyan
He must hand over power without delay to a government
which fully recognises the legitimate aspirations of the
The UK reiterates its support for the transition to a
government that will deliver greater democracy, justice,
transparency, human rights and accountability in Libya.
We understand the desire of Libyans to enjoy the
freedoms which have been denied to them for many years and
support them in this endeavour, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report