Hand over power to people: UK to Gaddafi
London: Muammar Gaddafi should hand over
power to a Libyan government which recognises aspirations of
the masses, Britain has said, asking his regime to
"immediately stop" the use of armed forces on its civilian.
British Foreign Secretary William Hague said in a
statement, "Given the continued levels of illegitimate
violence within Libya we call upon Colonel Gaddafi to put an
immediate stop to the use of armed force against the Libyan
He must hand over power without delay to a government
which fully recognises the legitimate aspirations of the
The UK reiterates its support for the transition to a
government that will deliver greater democracy, justice,
transparency, human rights and accountability in Libya.
We understand the desire of Libyans to enjoy the
freedoms which have been denied to them for many years and
support them in this endeavour, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?