Hand over power to people: UK to Gaddafi
London: Muammar Gaddafi should hand over
power to a Libyan government which recognises aspirations of
the masses, Britain has said, asking his regime to
"immediately stop" the use of armed forces on its civilian.
British Foreign Secretary William Hague said in a
statement, "Given the continued levels of illegitimate
violence within Libya we call upon Colonel Gaddafi to put an
immediate stop to the use of armed force against the Libyan
He must hand over power without delay to a government
which fully recognises the legitimate aspirations of the
The UK reiterates its support for the transition to a
government that will deliver greater democracy, justice,
transparency, human rights and accountability in Libya.
We understand the desire of Libyans to enjoy the
freedoms which have been denied to them for many years and
support them in this endeavour, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note