Harvard not yet publishing claims Jesus had wife
Boston: Harvard University says it hasn`t yet committed to publishing research that claims a fourth-century piece of papyrus contains writing that proves some early Christians believed Jesus had a wife.
That`s even though its divinity school touted the research during a publicity blitz this week.
The editor of the Harvard Theological Review said yesterday the journal is awaiting further study of the papyrus fragment, which includes text in which Jesus uses the words "my wife." The journal is awaiting results of scientific dating tests and reports from experts on Coptic papyrus and grammar.
Divinity school professor Karen King announced Tuesday the papyrus fragment was the only existing ancient text in which Jesus explicitly talks of having a wife. Scholars have questioned its authenticity. But King says two experts have determined it very likely is authentic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you