Harvard secretly searched deans` emails for media leak: Report
Cambridge: Reports say Harvard University administrators secretly searched the emails of 16 deans last fall, looking for a leak to the media about a case of cheating.
Citing school officials, The Boston Globe and The New York Times are reporting that the email accounts belonged to deans on a committee addressing the cheating. They were not warned that administrators sought access to their accounts. Only one was told of the search shortly afterward.
The Globe, which first reported the searches, wrote that Harvard College says it would take all actions necessary to protect the integrity of its confidential disciplinary process.
A spokesman did not immediately return an email Sunday seeking comment.
Harvard issued academic sanctions last month against scores of students forced to withdraw in a cheating scandal for an exam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan