Harvard secretly searched deans` emails for media leak: Report
Cambridge: Reports say Harvard University administrators secretly searched the emails of 16 deans last fall, looking for a leak to the media about a case of cheating.
Citing school officials, The Boston Globe and The New York Times are reporting that the email accounts belonged to deans on a committee addressing the cheating. They were not warned that administrators sought access to their accounts. Only one was told of the search shortly afterward.
The Globe, which first reported the searches, wrote that Harvard College says it would take all actions necessary to protect the integrity of its confidential disciplinary process.
A spokesman did not immediately return an email Sunday seeking comment.
Harvard issued academic sanctions last month against scores of students forced to withdraw in a cheating scandal for an exam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad