Has ex-Pope Benedict ‘halved in size’?
London: Pope Emeritus Benedict’s deteriorating health has alarmed Archbishop of Cologne Joachim Meisner, who thinks the Pope has shrunk in size.
Cardinal Meisner had met with Pope in Rome after his resignation in February. At that time, he said he did not agree with the Pope’s decision to resign, but accepted after the Pope spoke of his health problems.
The cardinal said in an interview with a German Catholic News Agency that the Pope seemed to have ‘halved in size’.
Recollecting Pope’s old self, Meisner said that the Pope was much fitter and stronger earlier and it shocks him to see how much the Pope has thinned down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015