‘Hate crime spree’ against Asian women in NY, 3 held
New York: The New York City Police Department (NYPD) has arrested three minors in connection with assaults on at least five elderly Asian women in the city, which was termed by the police as “a hate crime spree”.
According to reports, the NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force has arrested a 15-year-old girl, a 15-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl, on charges of third-degree assault.
All of the victims, aged 50 to 71, were attacked in lower Manhattan, and surveillance video showed five teens entering the scene of one attack that happened on March 31.
Police said that two of the teens were female and three male, and that all the suspects were black.
On April 03, a 71-year-old woman was attacked at the Baruch Houses in the evening.
In the most recent incident, a 68-year-old woman was beaten on East Broadway on Tuesday, My Fox New York reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’