‘Hate crime spree’ against Asian women in NY, 3 held
New York: The New York City Police Department (NYPD) has arrested three minors in connection with assaults on at least five elderly Asian women in the city, which was termed by the police as “a hate crime spree”.
According to reports, the NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force has arrested a 15-year-old girl, a 15-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl, on charges of third-degree assault.
All of the victims, aged 50 to 71, were attacked in lower Manhattan, and surveillance video showed five teens entering the scene of one attack that happened on March 31.
Police said that two of the teens were female and three male, and that all the suspects were black.
On April 03, a 71-year-old woman was attacked at the Baruch Houses in the evening.
In the most recent incident, a 68-year-old woman was beaten on East Broadway on Tuesday, My Fox New York reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic