‘Hate crime spree’ against Asian women in NY, 3 held
New York: The New York City Police Department (NYPD) has arrested three minors in connection with assaults on at least five elderly Asian women in the city, which was termed by the police as “a hate crime spree”.
According to reports, the NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force has arrested a 15-year-old girl, a 15-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl, on charges of third-degree assault.
All of the victims, aged 50 to 71, were attacked in lower Manhattan, and surveillance video showed five teens entering the scene of one attack that happened on March 31.
Police said that two of the teens were female and three male, and that all the suspects were black.
On April 03, a 71-year-old woman was attacked at the Baruch Houses in the evening.
In the most recent incident, a 68-year-old woman was beaten on East Broadway on Tuesday, My Fox New York reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight