Haven’t given any thought to losing to Mitt Romney: Barack Obama
Washington: US President Barack Obama has said that he did not expect to lose the Presidential Election to Republican rival Mitt Romney and hadn’t given the possibility any thought till now.
“I intend to be President for another four years," Obama said during an interview with NBC.
According to Politico, Obama acknowledged the polls showed that the race was razor thin, but he said that this was the campaign he and his team had planned for.
“I think we always knew this was going to be a close race from the start,” Obama told Brian Williams, adding: “What we have right now is a lead that we’ve maintained through this campaign”.
Obama also said that his personal relationship with his GOP rival was largely non-existent, but he would be happy to develop it further after November, the report said.
"I think when you`re candidates ... and you haven`t really interacted before, you can`t say you`ve got a real relationship there," Obama said.
"Perhaps after I win, the governor wants to continue be engaged in public life and we`ll get a chance to know each other better," Obama said.
According to the report, Obama acknowledged his own shortcomings and the mistakes of his first term, but said that his ‘compass’ had pointed in the right direction — and that`s why he deserved another term in office.
“The presidency is all about whose going to fight for the American people every single day even when you have to make tough decisions that are unpopular because you have some compass about what this country can be," Obama said.
"My compass has been true and I`ve focused on what`s going to be best for the American people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports