Hawaii residents alerted over possible Obama holiday plans
Washington: Hawaii residents living near the area where Barack Obama and his family vacation, have been informed about restrictions ahead of the President’s ‘possible’ holiday plans.
According to the Hawaii Reporter, Obama is reportedly scheduled to be vacationing in Hawaii on January 2, the date billions in spending cuts, and untold consequences for the economy, will kick in if a deal is not reached on the “fiscal cliff.”
The paper said that residents who live in the area of Oahu where Obama and his family vacation have been told that the usual restrictions on their movements during an Obama stay will be in place for 21 days, Politico reports.
According to the paper, Obama is scheduled to stay from December 17 through January 6.
“The White House has not officially announced the vacation, and it is unclear if the travel plans are finalized or if the Obamas will be in Hawaii for the entire three-week window covered by the restrictions,” the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley