Head of Iran national security arrives in Syria
Damascus: The head of the national security office in the Iranian Parliament arrived in Syria on Saturday, sources said.
Alaeddin Boroujerdi and two other members of the Iranian Parliament set foot in Damascus for a two-day visit, during which he will meet with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and other members of the Syrian government, Iranian sources told Xinhua.
The visit comes as Iran has recently proposed a new initiative to solve the Syrian crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez