Health exams `absolutely fine`: Venezuela`s Chavez
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has said that he has undergone tests following his cancer treatment and everything came out well.
Chavez said yesterday the exams included imaging tests, which are used to check for the reappearance of tumours.
"Everything came out absolutely fine," Chavez told reporters at the presidential palace. "I feel very well."
Chavez appeared on the palace steps after a meeting with a Russian delegation.
He saw off the visiting officials and then appeared energetic as he stepped close to reporters and animatedly responded to questions about his health, oil prices and his plans ahead of the country`s October election.
"We`re going to win this battle on October 07," Chavez said. Motioning to the presidential palace, he said, "The bourgeoisie will never again return to this building."
Chavez accuses his rival, opposition leader Henrique Capriles, of representing the interests of the wealthy.
Capriles, a moderate, plans to register his candidacy today after leading a march of supporters through the city to the elections office. Chavez is scheduled to sign up as a candidate tomorrow.
The President returned home from Cuba on May 11 after what he said was his latest round of radiation therapy, and since then has limited his public appearances while saying little about his illness.
In the past year, Chavez has undergone two surgeries that removed tumours from his pelvic region, most recently in February.
During Chavez`s yearlong cancer struggle, he has not disclosed some details about his illness, including the type of cancer or the precise location of the tumours.
Chavez was asked yesterday about recent remarks by World Bank president Robert Zoellick, who in a speech said he believed "Chavez`s days are numbered”.
"To foolish words, deaf ears. I think the one that has its days numbered is global capitalism, of which the World Bank is a part," Chavez said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read