Health exams `absolutely fine`: Venezuela`s Chavez
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has said that he has undergone tests following his cancer treatment and everything came out well.
Chavez said yesterday the exams included imaging tests, which are used to check for the reappearance of tumours.
"Everything came out absolutely fine," Chavez told reporters at the presidential palace. "I feel very well."
Chavez appeared on the palace steps after a meeting with a Russian delegation.
He saw off the visiting officials and then appeared energetic as he stepped close to reporters and animatedly responded to questions about his health, oil prices and his plans ahead of the country`s October election.
"We`re going to win this battle on October 07," Chavez said. Motioning to the presidential palace, he said, "The bourgeoisie will never again return to this building."
Chavez accuses his rival, opposition leader Henrique Capriles, of representing the interests of the wealthy.
Capriles, a moderate, plans to register his candidacy today after leading a march of supporters through the city to the elections office. Chavez is scheduled to sign up as a candidate tomorrow.
The President returned home from Cuba on May 11 after what he said was his latest round of radiation therapy, and since then has limited his public appearances while saying little about his illness.
In the past year, Chavez has undergone two surgeries that removed tumours from his pelvic region, most recently in February.
During Chavez`s yearlong cancer struggle, he has not disclosed some details about his illness, including the type of cancer or the precise location of the tumours.
Chavez was asked yesterday about recent remarks by World Bank president Robert Zoellick, who in a speech said he believed "Chavez`s days are numbered”.
"To foolish words, deaf ears. I think the one that has its days numbered is global capitalism, of which the World Bank is a part," Chavez said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed