Heathrow airport cancels 60 flights due to fog
London: Freezing fog has led to the cancellation of 60 flights in Britain`s Heathrow Airport on Wednesday, the Daily Mail reported.
The disruption comes after another 60 flights were cancelled at Heathrow on Tuesday, although the freezing fog was not the reason in all cases.
Both incoming and outgoing flights were affected.
Cancelled flights include scheduled trips to Warsaw, Nice, Stockholm and several German cities, as well as internal flights to Manchester and Aberdeen.
London City Airport also cancelled six morning flights to European cities and reported a number of delays on arrival boards, according to the newspaper.
A spokesman for Heathrow Airport said cancelling in advance helped airlines accommodate passengers on other flights.
He added: "Some flights have been cancelled and some are being cancelled (in the morning) because of fog."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader