Heathrow airport cancels 60 flights due to fog
London: Freezing fog has led to the cancellation of 60 flights in Britain`s Heathrow Airport on Wednesday, the Daily Mail reported.
The disruption comes after another 60 flights were cancelled at Heathrow on Tuesday, although the freezing fog was not the reason in all cases.
Both incoming and outgoing flights were affected.
Cancelled flights include scheduled trips to Warsaw, Nice, Stockholm and several German cities, as well as internal flights to Manchester and Aberdeen.
London City Airport also cancelled six morning flights to European cities and reported a number of delays on arrival boards, according to the newspaper.
A spokesman for Heathrow Airport said cancelling in advance helped airlines accommodate passengers on other flights.
He added: "Some flights have been cancelled and some are being cancelled (in the morning) because of fog."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant