Heathrow airport cancels 60 flights due to fog
London: Freezing fog has led to the cancellation of 60 flights in Britain`s Heathrow Airport on Wednesday, the Daily Mail reported.
The disruption comes after another 60 flights were cancelled at Heathrow on Tuesday, although the freezing fog was not the reason in all cases.
Both incoming and outgoing flights were affected.
Cancelled flights include scheduled trips to Warsaw, Nice, Stockholm and several German cities, as well as internal flights to Manchester and Aberdeen.
London City Airport also cancelled six morning flights to European cities and reported a number of delays on arrival boards, according to the newspaper.
A spokesman for Heathrow Airport said cancelling in advance helped airlines accommodate passengers on other flights.
He added: "Some flights have been cancelled and some are being cancelled (in the morning) because of fog."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days