Heathrow airport cancels 60 flights due to fog
London: Freezing fog has led to the cancellation of 60 flights in Britain`s Heathrow Airport on Wednesday, the Daily Mail reported.
The disruption comes after another 60 flights were cancelled at Heathrow on Tuesday, although the freezing fog was not the reason in all cases.
Both incoming and outgoing flights were affected.
Cancelled flights include scheduled trips to Warsaw, Nice, Stockholm and several German cities, as well as internal flights to Manchester and Aberdeen.
London City Airport also cancelled six morning flights to European cities and reported a number of delays on arrival boards, according to the newspaper.
A spokesman for Heathrow Airport said cancelling in advance helped airlines accommodate passengers on other flights.
He added: "Some flights have been cancelled and some are being cancelled (in the morning) because of fog."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security