Heathrow Airport cancels flights ahead of snow
London: The owner of Heathrow Airport says it
has cancelled 30 percent of flights for Sunday amid forecasts
for snow and severe weather in London.
BAA says it reached an agreement with Heathrow airlines
and air traffic control to reduce the flight schedule for
Sunday to "minimize the disruption to passengers" caused by
the heavy snowfall expected to fall at the airport starting
Britain`s Met Office has issued a severe weather warning
and forecasters are predicting up to 15 centimeters (about 6
inches) of snow.
BAA said a revised schedule showing which flights will
operate on Sunday will be posted online at around 2330 IST
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city