Heathrow Airport on high alert over `breast implant bombers`
London: London`s Heathrow Airport has been put on high terror alert after intelligence that women suicide bombers were planning to strike with explosives concealed in breast implants.
Security checks have been beefed up after credible intelligence that al Qaeda is plotting attacks on airlines flying out of London.
According to the Mirror, one staff member said that they have been told to pay particular attention to women, who could be hiding explosives in their breasts.
Al Qaeda`s chief bomb-maker Ibrahim al-Asiri is understood to have developed the method of foiling airport scanners by concealing explosives in an implant or bodily cavity, the report said.
Explosives expert Andy Oppenheimer said that there is a great fear that al Qaeda is planning on using internal devices to try and get through airport scanners, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre