Heathrow Airport on high alert over `breast implant bombers`
London: London`s Heathrow Airport has been put on high terror alert after intelligence that women suicide bombers were planning to strike with explosives concealed in breast implants.
Security checks have been beefed up after credible intelligence that al Qaeda is plotting attacks on airlines flying out of London.
According to the Mirror, one staff member said that they have been told to pay particular attention to women, who could be hiding explosives in their breasts.
Al Qaeda`s chief bomb-maker Ibrahim al-Asiri is understood to have developed the method of foiling airport scanners by concealing explosives in an implant or bodily cavity, the report said.
Explosives expert Andy Oppenheimer said that there is a great fear that al Qaeda is planning on using internal devices to try and get through airport scanners, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional