Heathrow Airport on high alert over `breast implant bombers`
London: London`s Heathrow Airport has been put on high terror alert after intelligence that women suicide bombers were planning to strike with explosives concealed in breast implants.
Security checks have been beefed up after credible intelligence that al Qaeda is plotting attacks on airlines flying out of London.
According to the Mirror, one staff member said that they have been told to pay particular attention to women, who could be hiding explosives in their breasts.
Al Qaeda`s chief bomb-maker Ibrahim al-Asiri is understood to have developed the method of foiling airport scanners by concealing explosives in an implant or bodily cavity, the report said.
Explosives expert Andy Oppenheimer said that there is a great fear that al Qaeda is planning on using internal devices to try and get through airport scanners, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.
- 'Bad cholesterol not linked to elderly deaths'
- Women's Kabaddi challenge set for debut, to begin alongside men's Pro Kabaddi
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside
- Woman raped by husband, his brothers in Rajasthan; Maneka Gandhi asks NCW to probe