Heathrow `naked` image row: Woman plans legal action
London: A 29-year-old airport security worker plans to take legal action after a colleague passed a lewd remark on her `nude` image when she mistakenly walked into an X-ray machine, a media report said on Thursday.
Jo Margetson plans to sue the authorities concerned and spent Wednesday in talks with Heathrow owner BAA, The Sun reported.
She has spoken to lawyers at a civil rights group amid allegations that her privacy and human rights were violated.
The Sun reported on Wednesday that 25-year-old security guard John Laker took a picture of Margetson`s breasts when she walked into the X-ray machine by mistake.
The anti-terror machine creates "nude" images of passengers to find hidden weapons.
He then passed a lewd comment on her "gigantic t**s".
"She feels humiliated by what happened. BAA have to make assurances they are taking this seriously and it won`t happen again," a friend of Margetson was quoted as saying.
There has now been a demand for stringent controls of the scanners that were introduced after the failed Christmas Day bombing attempt by hiding explosives in the underpants.
Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a 23-year-old Nigerian man, has been charged with trying to blow up a Detroit-bound airliner on Christmas Day. He claims he obtained explosive chemicals and a syringe that were sewn into his underwear from a bomb expert in Yemen associated with al Qaeda.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India