Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya`s Tripoli airport
Tripoli: Heavy fighting broke out near the airport of the Libyan capital Tripoli on Sunday, residents and witnesses said.
Explosions could be heard on the airport road and other parts of Tripoli though it was not immediately clear who was fighting whom.
British Airlines cancelled its flight to London, it said on its website. Turkish Airways cancelled its flight to Istanbul.
Social media websites said several rockets had hit the parking area in front of the main terminal.
The airport area has been controlled by militia fighters from Zintan in northwestern Libya since the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi in 2011 though other groups have challenged them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?