Heavy rain leaves one dead, two missing in Japan
Tokyo: Heavy rains lashed Japan over the weekend, leaving one person dead and two missing, the government said Monday as it issued a severe storm warning.
A 79-year-old woman was confirmed dead yesterday after being discovered inside a house that was destroyed by mudslides in Yamaguchi prefecture, on Japan`s southwest coast.
An 84-year-old man was missing from the same region after being swept away near a river, local reports said, citing police and other official sources.
Also missing was a 24-year-old man who was last seen leaving his home in Shimane prefecture, just to the north of Yamaguchi.
The Japan Meteorological Agency warned of floods and mudslides from "unprecedented heavy rain", saying the storm was to sweep over central Japan yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video