Heavy rain leaves one dead, two missing in Japan
Tokyo: Heavy rains lashed Japan over the weekend, leaving one person dead and two missing, the government said Monday as it issued a severe storm warning.
A 79-year-old woman was confirmed dead yesterday after being discovered inside a house that was destroyed by mudslides in Yamaguchi prefecture, on Japan`s southwest coast.
An 84-year-old man was missing from the same region after being swept away near a river, local reports said, citing police and other official sources.
Also missing was a 24-year-old man who was last seen leaving his home in Shimane prefecture, just to the north of Yamaguchi.
The Japan Meteorological Agency warned of floods and mudslides from "unprecedented heavy rain", saying the storm was to sweep over central Japan yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal