Heavy rains lash south China, 18 killed
Beijing: Eighteen people have been killed and 15 others missing as heavy rain lashed south China, the government said on Thursday.
Rainstorms battered 173 townships, including Guangdong Province`s capital Guangzhou, since on Wednesday, triggering heavy flood and leaving 18 people dead and 15 missing, the Provincial Flood Prevention and Drought Relief Headquarters said.
The water levels of some rivers in Guangdong have surpassed warning lines and an offshoot of the Beijing River saw the worst flooding in a century, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A total of 6.50 lakh people have been affected by the heavy rains and 2,675 houses have been destroyed, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources