Helicopter attack kills 20 rebels: Chechnya
Grozny: Russian security forces have killed at least 20 militants in the restive North Caucasus republic of Chechnya on Friday, an official said.
Most of the bodies could not be identified, said Ramzan Kadyrov, who commanded the special operation.
Air and ground assaults were launched to eliminate the militants. No Russian troops were killed.
He added that Islam Uspakhadzhiyev, a close ally of warlord Doku Umarov, was among those killed.
"The search for militants will continue in the morning," said Kadyrov.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional