Helicopter attack kills 20 rebels: Chechnya
Grozny: Russian security forces have killed at least 20 militants in the restive North Caucasus republic of Chechnya on Friday, an official said.
Most of the bodies could not be identified, said Ramzan Kadyrov, who commanded the special operation.
Air and ground assaults were launched to eliminate the militants. No Russian troops were killed.
He added that Islam Uspakhadzhiyev, a close ally of warlord Doku Umarov, was among those killed.
"The search for militants will continue in the morning," said Kadyrov.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand