Helicopter crash in Siberia kills 19
Zee Media Bureau
Moscow: A helicopter crashed in Siberia`s Yakutia killing 19 people on Tuesday. There were 28 people aboard, including 11 children, say Russian authorities.
But it is not clear yet as to how many people might have died in the crash.
The Mi8 helicopter crash-landed in a mountainous area and then caught fire, the Interstate Aviation Committee said. It was flying from the village of Deputatsky to Kazachye village.
The Russian authorities are not commenting on the cause of the crash.
But, reportedly, the pilot lost control of the helicopter which led to the crash. There is another version which cites that the helicopter rotor crashed in the mountain resulting in the accident.
Sub-standard safety and ageing fleet are the usual causes of similar incidents in Russia.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says