Helicopter crash in Siberia kills 19
Zee Media Bureau
Moscow: A helicopter crashed in Siberia`s Yakutia killing 19 people on Tuesday. There were 28 people aboard, including 11 children, say Russian authorities.
But it is not clear yet as to how many people might have died in the crash.
The Mi8 helicopter crash-landed in a mountainous area and then caught fire, the Interstate Aviation Committee said. It was flying from the village of Deputatsky to Kazachye village.
The Russian authorities are not commenting on the cause of the crash.
But, reportedly, the pilot lost control of the helicopter which led to the crash. There is another version which cites that the helicopter rotor crashed in the mountain resulting in the accident.
Sub-standard safety and ageing fleet are the usual causes of similar incidents in Russia.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement