Helicopter crashes in Peru, 13 feared dead
Lima: A helicopter with 13 people aboard, headed to a Perenco oil production facility, crashed into a jungle in northeastern Peru Sunday, and there were no signs of survivors, the company said.
"The (Peruvian) armed forces are in the area of the events, and two additional helicopters are taking part in the search and rescue operation. So far, no survivors have been found," said a statement released in Lima from the Anglo-French firm.
The ill-fated chopper was carrying a four-member flight crew and nine oil workers, the company said, noting that all 13 were Peruvian.
The Russian-made MI-8 plummeted to ground near the Curaray and Arabela Rivers in Loreto, local media reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok