Helicopter crashes in Peru, 13 feared dead
Lima: A helicopter with 13 people aboard, headed to a Perenco oil production facility, crashed into a jungle in northeastern Peru Sunday, and there were no signs of survivors, the company said.
"The (Peruvian) armed forces are in the area of the events, and two additional helicopters are taking part in the search and rescue operation. So far, no survivors have been found," said a statement released in Lima from the Anglo-French firm.
The ill-fated chopper was carrying a four-member flight crew and nine oil workers, the company said, noting that all 13 were Peruvian.
The Russian-made MI-8 plummeted to ground near the Curaray and Arabela Rivers in Loreto, local media reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic
- Music director Anu Malik hospitalized!
- Rescued migrants say ship sank off Italy with hundreds aboard
- China all set to embark on 1st quantum communication satellite