Here’s why Michelle Obama will vote for hubby
Washington: US First Lady Michelle Obama has said that she did not vote for husband President Barack Obama just because they were married, but because he was standing up for women rights.
“I didn`t [vote for him] just because we were married," she insisted, adding: “I voted for him because I knew he was going to stand up for women like me -- and our daughters, sisters, and mothers”.
“When I look at all he`s done since that freezing day he was inaugurated on the Capitol steps -- from health-care reform, to saving jobs, to fighting for women`s rights -- I`m proud of how far we have come. And I`m determined to help him keep moving forward," she said.
She also mentioned five reasons, including equal pay for women and affordable education, why she thought readers should vote for Obama when they go to the polls on November 6.
In an open letter to ELLE readers, the First Lady, 48, revealed why she married Obama, and how his commitment to her and their two children, Sasha, 11, and Malia, 14, is an asset to the country’s future.
“When I fell in love with Barack more than 20 years ago, I knew he`d be a loving husband and a devoted father," she wrote.
“I knew he shared my determination to make a difference in other people`s lives," she added.
According to US Magazine, Michelle said that determination is part of what makes Obama both a good partner and a good leader.
The First Lady went on to explain why she`s sure her husband is right for this job -- and why she was sure four years ago, when he put in his first bid for the presidency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!