Here’s why Michelle Obama will vote for hubby
Washington: US First Lady Michelle Obama has said that she did not vote for husband President Barack Obama just because they were married, but because he was standing up for women rights.
“I didn`t [vote for him] just because we were married," she insisted, adding: “I voted for him because I knew he was going to stand up for women like me -- and our daughters, sisters, and mothers”.
“When I look at all he`s done since that freezing day he was inaugurated on the Capitol steps -- from health-care reform, to saving jobs, to fighting for women`s rights -- I`m proud of how far we have come. And I`m determined to help him keep moving forward," she said.
She also mentioned five reasons, including equal pay for women and affordable education, why she thought readers should vote for Obama when they go to the polls on November 6.
In an open letter to ELLE readers, the First Lady, 48, revealed why she married Obama, and how his commitment to her and their two children, Sasha, 11, and Malia, 14, is an asset to the country’s future.
“When I fell in love with Barack more than 20 years ago, I knew he`d be a loving husband and a devoted father," she wrote.
“I knew he shared my determination to make a difference in other people`s lives," she added.
According to US Magazine, Michelle said that determination is part of what makes Obama both a good partner and a good leader.
The First Lady went on to explain why she`s sure her husband is right for this job -- and why she was sure four years ago, when he put in his first bid for the presidency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside