He`s a little rascal, says Prince William on baby son
London: Britain`s Prince William has described his new-born son George as a "little rascal" in his first official interview since becoming a father.
Sitting in the gardens of his London home at Kensington Palace, the 31-year-old Duke of Cambridge - second-in-line to the British throne - told CNN that Prince George is already quite a character.
"He`s a little bit of a rascal, I`ll put it that way. He either reminds me of my brother or me when I was younger, I`m not sure, but he`s doing very well at the moment," he said in reference to the third-in-line to the throne who was born at St Mary`s Hospital here on July 22.
"He`s growing quite quickly actually. But he`s a little fighter he wriggles around quite a lot and he doesn`t want to go to sleep that much," he added.
William revealed that his wife Kate has been handling more of the night duties with the baby and admitted he was looking forward to going back to his job as a Royal Air Force search-and-rescue pilot in order to catch up on some much-needed sleep.
"Well, as a few fathers might know, I`m actually quite looking forward to going back to work (to) get some sleep. So I`m just hoping the first few shifts I go back I don`t have any night jobs," he said.
William, dressed casually in blue jeans and a polo shirt, laughed as he described the moment he and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, appeared on the steps of St Mary`s Hospital to show baby George to the world for the first time.
"I think more shock was the feeling I felt, but I was on such a high anyway, and so was Catherine, about George that really we were happy to show him off to whoever wanted to see him. I`m just glad he wasn`t screaming his head off the whole way through," he recalled.
During the interview, the prince also spoke about his passion for Africa and hoped that his baby prince will one day get to experience the same Africa he and Prince Harry did as young boys.
"I`ll have toy elephants and rhinos around the room. We`ll cover it in lots of bushes and things like that. Make him grow up as if he`s in the bush," he joked.
The show, titled `Prince William`s Passion: New Father, New Hope`, is set for broadcast on September 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi