He`s a little rascal, says Prince William on baby son
London: Britain`s Prince William has described his new-born son George as a "little rascal" in his first official interview since becoming a father.
Sitting in the gardens of his London home at Kensington Palace, the 31-year-old Duke of Cambridge - second-in-line to the British throne - told CNN that Prince George is already quite a character.
"He`s a little bit of a rascal, I`ll put it that way. He either reminds me of my brother or me when I was younger, I`m not sure, but he`s doing very well at the moment," he said in reference to the third-in-line to the throne who was born at St Mary`s Hospital here on July 22.
"He`s growing quite quickly actually. But he`s a little fighter he wriggles around quite a lot and he doesn`t want to go to sleep that much," he added.
William revealed that his wife Kate has been handling more of the night duties with the baby and admitted he was looking forward to going back to his job as a Royal Air Force search-and-rescue pilot in order to catch up on some much-needed sleep.
"Well, as a few fathers might know, I`m actually quite looking forward to going back to work (to) get some sleep. So I`m just hoping the first few shifts I go back I don`t have any night jobs," he said.
William, dressed casually in blue jeans and a polo shirt, laughed as he described the moment he and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, appeared on the steps of St Mary`s Hospital to show baby George to the world for the first time.
"I think more shock was the feeling I felt, but I was on such a high anyway, and so was Catherine, about George that really we were happy to show him off to whoever wanted to see him. I`m just glad he wasn`t screaming his head off the whole way through," he recalled.
During the interview, the prince also spoke about his passion for Africa and hoped that his baby prince will one day get to experience the same Africa he and Prince Harry did as young boys.
"I`ll have toy elephants and rhinos around the room. We`ll cover it in lots of bushes and things like that. Make him grow up as if he`s in the bush," he joked.
The show, titled `Prince William`s Passion: New Father, New Hope`, is set for broadcast on September 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug