‘Hezbollah capable of hitting targets in Tel Aviv’
Beirut: Hezbollah chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said on Friday that the Islamic resistance is capable of hitting specific targets in Israel`s Tel Aviv and anywhere across its occupied Palestinian territory.
Nasrallah made the remark while delivering a speech marking the completion of reconstructing Dahiyeh, a southern suburb of Beirut, after its buildings were destroyed in the 2006 Lebanon-Israel conflict.
"The era in which we alone were displaced has ended," Nasrallah said. "If you destroy one building in Dahiyeh, we will destroy several buildings in Tel Aviv."
Hezbollah is a Lebanese Shi`ite party that has its own armed group. It had a military confrontation with its southern neighbor Israel in 2006.
Addressing Arabs and Muslims, Nasrallah said "we might disagree over Syria, Yemen and Bahrain, but we don`t disagree over Palestine, and the formation of a national unity government in Israel is a development that we must observe carefully."
About the situation in Syria and the recent bombings, the Hezbollah chief said, "It is laughable that some accuse the Syrian government of being behind the bombings in Syria... The same hands tampering with Iraq and its people and institutions are now tampering with Syria and seeking its destruction."
He went on to caution that "the Syrian people are at a crossroads: one path leads to reform and the other to destruction."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!