Hezbollah denies member captured by Syrian rebels
Beirut: Lebanon`s militant Hezbollah group is denying that one of its members was captured by Syrian rebels in Damascus.
The group said on Tuesday that a report by Arab satellite TV Al-Arabiya purporting the Free Syrian Army captured a Hezbollah member was not true.
The Shiite Muslim Hezbollah group is a key backer of Syrian President Bashar Assad`s regime. The Syrian opposition has repeatedly accused it of sending fighters to Syria, which Hezbollah denies.
In May, Syrian rebels captured 11 Lebanese Shiites shortly after crossing from Turkey on their way to Lebanon.
The Lebanese are apparently held to try to pressure the government in Beirut to show greater support for the rebels which is unlikely because of Hezbollah`s strong influence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar