Hezbollah denies member captured by Syrian rebels
Beirut: Lebanon`s militant Hezbollah group is denying that one of its members was captured by Syrian rebels in Damascus.
The group said on Tuesday that a report by Arab satellite TV Al-Arabiya purporting the Free Syrian Army captured a Hezbollah member was not true.
The Shiite Muslim Hezbollah group is a key backer of Syrian President Bashar Assad`s regime. The Syrian opposition has repeatedly accused it of sending fighters to Syria, which Hezbollah denies.
In May, Syrian rebels captured 11 Lebanese Shiites shortly after crossing from Turkey on their way to Lebanon.
The Lebanese are apparently held to try to pressure the government in Beirut to show greater support for the rebels which is unlikely because of Hezbollah`s strong influence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah