Hezbollah denies member captured by Syrian rebels
Beirut: Lebanon`s militant Hezbollah group is denying that one of its members was captured by Syrian rebels in Damascus.
The group said on Tuesday that a report by Arab satellite TV Al-Arabiya purporting the Free Syrian Army captured a Hezbollah member was not true.
The Shiite Muslim Hezbollah group is a key backer of Syrian President Bashar Assad`s regime. The Syrian opposition has repeatedly accused it of sending fighters to Syria, which Hezbollah denies.
In May, Syrian rebels captured 11 Lebanese Shiites shortly after crossing from Turkey on their way to Lebanon.
The Lebanese are apparently held to try to pressure the government in Beirut to show greater support for the rebels which is unlikely because of Hezbollah`s strong influence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH