Hezbollah denies sending drone over Israel: TV
Beirut: Powerful Lebanese Shiite movement Hezbollah said Thursday it did not send a drone over Israel, hours after the Israeli air force said it shot down an unmanned aircraft off the country`s northern coast.
"Hezbollah denies sending any unmanned drone towards occupied Palestine," the movement`s television channel Al-Manar said, without elaborating.
Israel`s deputy defence minister earlier put the blame squarely on Hezbollah, which had said it was behind a previous drone infiltration on October 7.
"An unmanned aircraft (UAV) was identified approaching the coast of Israel and was successfully intercepted by IAF aircraft five nautical miles off the coast of Haifa at approximately 2:00 pm (1100 GMT) today," the Israeli military said.
Israel`s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said: "I see this attempt to breach our borders as extremely grave. We will continue to do whatever we must to protect the security of Israel`s citizens."
The Jewish state`s deputy defence minister, Danny Danon, said it was clear that Hezbollah was behind the incident.
"We`re talking about another attempt by Hezbollah to send an unmanned drone into Israeli territory," he told Israel`s army radio, describing it as "another attempt to destabilise the Middle East."
However, Israeli military spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Peter Lerner was cautious, saying the incident was still being investigated.
"We don`t know where the aircraft was coming from and where it was actually going," he said, adding that the navy was "searching for the remains of the UAV."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31