Hezbollah played `terribly negative` role in Syria: French FM
Doha: Countries supporting Syria`s rebels demanded on Saturday that Iran and Lebanon`s Shiite movement Hezbollah stop meddling in the country`s civil war, French Foreign Minsister Laurent Fabius said.
"In the text that we have just released, we have demanded that Iran and Hezbollah end their intervention in the conflict," said Fabius, referring to their support for the regime of Bashar al-Assad.
"Hezbollah has played a terribly negative role, mainly in the attack on Qusayr," which was recaptured from rebels earlier this month with the group`s help.
"We are fully against the internationalisation of the conflict," he told reporters following a meeting of foreign ministers of the so-called Friends of Syria in Doha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured