Hezbollah played `terribly negative` role in Syria: French FM
Doha: Countries supporting Syria`s rebels demanded on Saturday that Iran and Lebanon`s Shiite movement Hezbollah stop meddling in the country`s civil war, French Foreign Minsister Laurent Fabius said.
"In the text that we have just released, we have demanded that Iran and Hezbollah end their intervention in the conflict," said Fabius, referring to their support for the regime of Bashar al-Assad.
"Hezbollah has played a terribly negative role, mainly in the attack on Qusayr," which was recaptured from rebels earlier this month with the group`s help.
"We are fully against the internationalisation of the conflict," he told reporters following a meeting of foreign ministers of the so-called Friends of Syria in Doha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof