Hezbollah played `terribly negative` role in Syria: French FM
Doha: Countries supporting Syria`s rebels demanded on Saturday that Iran and Lebanon`s Shiite movement Hezbollah stop meddling in the country`s civil war, French Foreign Minsister Laurent Fabius said.
"In the text that we have just released, we have demanded that Iran and Hezbollah end their intervention in the conflict," said Fabius, referring to their support for the regime of Bashar al-Assad.
"Hezbollah has played a terribly negative role, mainly in the attack on Qusayr," which was recaptured from rebels earlier this month with the group`s help.
"We are fully against the internationalisation of the conflict," he told reporters following a meeting of foreign ministers of the so-called Friends of Syria in Doha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room