Hezbollah played `terribly negative` role in Syria: French FM
Doha: Countries supporting Syria`s rebels demanded on Saturday that Iran and Lebanon`s Shiite movement Hezbollah stop meddling in the country`s civil war, French Foreign Minsister Laurent Fabius said.
"In the text that we have just released, we have demanded that Iran and Hezbollah end their intervention in the conflict," said Fabius, referring to their support for the regime of Bashar al-Assad.
"Hezbollah has played a terribly negative role, mainly in the attack on Qusayr," which was recaptured from rebels earlier this month with the group`s help.
"We are fully against the internationalisation of the conflict," he told reporters following a meeting of foreign ministers of the so-called Friends of Syria in Doha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!