Hezbollah threatens Israel`s infrastructure if attacked
Beirut: Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah has warned that his militant party would bomb Israel`s infrastructure, including its airports and refineries, if the Jewish state attacks Lebanon.
"I say to the Israelis: if you attack Beirut`s Rafiq Hariri airport we will attack Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv," he said in comments transmitted via video link to thousands of
supporters massed in Hezbollah`s stronghold in Beirut`s southern suburbs.
He added that should Israel also bomb Lebanon`s refineries, factories or power plants, his militant party would retaliate with all its might.
"I declare to you today that I accept this challenge," Nasrallah said in a defiant speech commemorating the assassination of three Hezbollah leaders.
"If you destroy one building in the southern suburbs we will destroy several of yours," he added.
His comments came amid an escalating war of words between Israel and Hezbollah that has raised concerns of a renewed conflict in the region that could draw in other regional
players such as Syria and Iran.
Nasrallah, whose party fought a devastating war with the Jewish state in 2006, accused Israel of engaging in a psychological war aimed at sowing fear among the Lebanese.
He said his party was not seeking a new conflict but stood ready to respond to any Israeli attack.
"The only language Israel understands is that of threats," he said. (
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi