Hezbollah threatens Israel`s infrastructure if attacked
Beirut: Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah has warned that his militant party would bomb Israel`s infrastructure, including its airports and refineries, if the Jewish state attacks Lebanon.
"I say to the Israelis: if you attack Beirut`s Rafiq Hariri airport we will attack Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv," he said in comments transmitted via video link to thousands of
supporters massed in Hezbollah`s stronghold in Beirut`s southern suburbs.
He added that should Israel also bomb Lebanon`s refineries, factories or power plants, his militant party would retaliate with all its might.
"I declare to you today that I accept this challenge," Nasrallah said in a defiant speech commemorating the assassination of three Hezbollah leaders.
"If you destroy one building in the southern suburbs we will destroy several of yours," he added.
His comments came amid an escalating war of words between Israel and Hezbollah that has raised concerns of a renewed conflict in the region that could draw in other regional
players such as Syria and Iran.
Nasrallah, whose party fought a devastating war with the Jewish state in 2006, accused Israel of engaging in a psychological war aimed at sowing fear among the Lebanese.
He said his party was not seeking a new conflict but stood ready to respond to any Israeli attack.
"The only language Israel understands is that of threats," he said. (
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown